Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to you! I didn’t pick up my computer all day yesterday (even to write, shh), so here, a day late, is my list of things-I-love, which of course always doubles as a list of things-I’m-grateful-for.
In the spirit of end of November gratefulness, I am thankful always for so many things: my comfy home, the food & feasts I ate this week & every day, and my fab family; I’m grateful for my friends & loved ones, so many incredible people from such a wide variety of places in my life, who bring light & happiness & learning & motivation & inspiration & weirdness & art & so much into my life. Thank you.
For this week in particular, I love:
* Thanksgivings: morning & lunch with the gentleman & my parents, going through things in my old room, drinking tea, eating lamb. & then at Sarah & Keeter’s for turkey & stuffing & the most delicious pumpkin pie, and games with them & Gabe & Conner & Trin & new friends I just met! Long, easy, food-and-fun filled day = exactly what I wanted. Also, Bang! and the new card game Conner taught us, and having a quiet moment playing Hearts — I love games.
* Seeing Denea (!!) for the first time in actual years (neither of us could remember exactly how long), drinking wine with her & her friends, catching up on stories & life plans. I’m excited that she’s back on the same continent as I am, and not only that, on the same coast of the same country! Dang. I’m going to take you up on that couch-crashing offer at some point, never fear.
* Monday night Drunken Write In: including pho dinner beforehand, Roz & Emily & Morgan & I all drinking absurdly full glasses of wine, and the huge bag of hand-crocheted animals given out to word war winners. I love my little crocheted armadillo!
* UnFuck Your Habitat
, which gave me the exact kick in the pants I needed, and also their app, which I downloaded two days ago and now my bedroom is organized and clean & I have recurring reminders set for things like taking the trash cans to the curb and, guys, unless you are somehow always on top of keeping your living spaces spotless and organized naturally, then you will probably like this app/website.
* Buckshot — I caught closing night, and it was gorgeous & sincere & wonderfully wrought — big congratulations to everyone involved.
* The Habit — finally got to see these guys, and, yeah, okay, they ARE that funny (oh my god). It was a delightful combination of well-oiled comedy machine + guys corpsing onstage because they still crack each other up, and it made me very happy.
* Busy busy busy times at work, feeling productive and keeping balls in the air (metaphorical ones, I’m still terrible at real juggling)
* sweaters & warm hats & arm warmers & thick socks (hi winter)
* the fog that blankets all of the waterfront
* car2go (even though it’s a strange transition to driving a tiny automatic smart car)
* the gentleman
* you (thanks, you).
What do you love?